|By Paul Miller||
|July 23, 2012 08:57 AM EDT||
My latest piece of work for GigaOM Pro just went live. Scaling Hadoop clusters: the role of cluster management is available to GigaOM Pro subscribers, and was underwritten by StackIQ.
Thanks to everyone who took the time to speak with me during the preparation of this report.
As the blurb describes,
From Facebook to Johns Hopkins University, organizations are coping with the challenge of processing unprecedented volumes of data. It is possible to manually build, run and maintain a large cluster and to use it to run applications such as Hadoop. However, many of the processes involved are repetitive, time-consuming and error-prone. So IT managers (and companies like IBM and Dell) are increasingly turning to cluster-management solutions capable of automating a wide range of tasks associated with cluster creation, management and maintenance.
This report provides an introduction to Hadoop and then turns to more-complicated matters like ensuring efficient infrastructure and exploring the role of cluster management. Also included is an analysis of different cluster-management tools from Rocks to Apachi Ambari and how to integrate them with Hadoop.
- How to Lie with Data
- DIY Play Dough and Foot/Hand Casts for Kids
- DIY Personal Diffuser and Here’s That Scrapbook Layout!
- I’m Late I’m Late…(As Usual!) Time for Change!
- Cropped 2.0 Mystery Box Challenge Event and Classes 2014
- Get Close….Your Timing Couldn’t Be Better!
- Hello Card -Chalk It Up – New Close To My Heart 2014 Idea Book
- Tues Tut: Scrapbook Layout Speaking Life Over Baby Gradyn
- Cloud Computing Is Far More Than Just Cutting Enterprise IT Costs
- Security and the Cloud
- David Eaves Talks About Vancouver’s Open Data Initiative
- Hewlett Packard: A Tale of Many Clouds
- Tungle Goes a Long Way Toward Reducing the Pain of Scheduling Meetings
- Talking to Simon Wardley About Ubuntu and Cloud Computing
- Not Quite Ready to Live in the Cloud
- Juan Carlos Soto Reaffirms Sun Microsystems’ Commitment to the Cloud
- If Government is a Platform, What Are People Building?
- Keep Your Executive Assistant Happy if Moving to the Cloud
- Is PaaS Dying?
- Discussing Cisco’s Unified Computing System with Wendy Mars