|By Paul Miller||
|October 5, 2012 04:39 PM EDT||
I’ve just had another report published on GigaOM Pro. This one, Metered IT: the path to utility computing, is about the importance of defining common ways of describing and measuring computing resources. Until you can do that, it isn’t really feasible to compare the true cost of running jobs on different IT infrastructures.
The piece was underwritten by 6fusion, a company with an interesting offering in the space. As usual, though, GigaOM retained full editorial control over the process of preparing the report.
- Cloud Computing Is Far More Than Just Cutting Enterprise IT Costs
- Security and the Cloud
- David Eaves Talks About Vancouver’s Open Data Initiative
- Hewlett Packard: A Tale of Many Clouds
- Tungle Goes a Long Way Toward Reducing the Pain of Scheduling Meetings
- Talking to Simon Wardley About Ubuntu and Cloud Computing
- Is PaaS Dying?
- Not Quite Ready to Live in the Cloud
- Commentary: Amazon Remains the Cloud's Top Dog
- Juan Carlos Soto Reaffirms Sun Microsystems’ Commitment to the Cloud