|By Paul Miller||
|October 5, 2012 04:39 PM EDT||
I’ve just had another report published on GigaOM Pro. This one, Metered IT: the path to utility computing, is about the importance of defining common ways of describing and measuring computing resources. Until you can do that, it isn’t really feasible to compare the true cost of running jobs on different IT infrastructures.
The piece was underwritten by 6fusion, a company with an interesting offering in the space. As usual, though, GigaOM retained full editorial control over the process of preparing the report.
- Cloud Computing Is Far More Than Just Cutting Enterprise IT Costs
- Security and the Cloud
- David Eaves Talks About Vancouver’s Open Data Initiative
- Talking to Simon Wardley About Ubuntu and Cloud Computing
- Tungle Goes a Long Way Toward Reducing the Pain of Scheduling Meetings
- Hewlett Packard: A Tale of Many Clouds
- Juan Carlos Soto Reaffirms Sun Microsystems’ Commitment to the Cloud
- Keep Your Executive Assistant Happy if Moving to the Cloud
- If Government is a Platform, What Are People Building?
- Discussing Cisco’s Unified Computing System with Wendy Mars
- Licensing of Linked Data
- Eucalyptus Project Closes $5.5 Million Series A with Benchmark