|By Paul Miller||
|May 19, 2009 09:00 AM EDT||
Global networking giant Cisco unveiled Unified Service Delivery (USD) last week, following up on the company’s enthusuastically welcomed Unified Computing System (UCS) hardware announcement back in March.
Taken together, these announcements shed light on the company’s strategy to strengthen its hold over the data centre, and to offer solutions tailored toward the evolving needs of organisations keen to capitalise upon Cloud Computing’s promise; both inside the private data centre and in interactions with remote resources elsewhere on the network.
I spoke with Wendy Mars, Cisco’s Director for Data Centres and UCS here in Europe, and the result has just been released as a podcast.
We talk about UCS and USD, and explore some of the use cases emerging as beta customers and Cisco itself put these technologies through their paces ahead of a broader roll-out in the coming months.
In related news, Cisco released a video on YouTube this month in which Wendy responds directly to some of the questions asked about UCS following its announcement, and this is embedded below.
Related articles by Zemanta
- Guest Post on Cisco: Unified Computing Perspectives (elasticvapor.com)
- Cisco Helps Carriers Build a Cloud (gigaom.com)
- The Future of Web Hosting is in The Cloud (java.sys-con.com)
- Cisco taps next-gen networks for the cloud (news.cnet.com)
- How to Lie with Data
- DIY Play Dough and Foot/Hand Casts for Kids
- DIY Personal Diffuser and Here’s That Scrapbook Layout!
- I’m Late I’m Late…(As Usual!) Time for Change!
- Get Close….Your Timing Couldn’t Be Better!
- Cropped 2.0 Mystery Box Challenge Event and Classes 2014
- Hello Card -Chalk It Up – New Close To My Heart 2014 Idea Book
- Tues Tut: Scrapbook Layout Speaking Life Over Baby Gradyn
- Cloud Computing Is Far More Than Just Cutting Enterprise IT Costs
- Security and the Cloud
- David Eaves Talks About Vancouver’s Open Data Initiative
- Hewlett Packard: A Tale of Many Clouds
- Tungle Goes a Long Way Toward Reducing the Pain of Scheduling Meetings
- Talking to Simon Wardley About Ubuntu and Cloud Computing
- Not Quite Ready to Live in the Cloud
- Juan Carlos Soto Reaffirms Sun Microsystems’ Commitment to the Cloud
- If Government is a Platform, What Are People Building?
- Keep Your Executive Assistant Happy if Moving to the Cloud
- Is PaaS Dying?
- Discussing Cisco’s Unified Computing System with Wendy Mars